Friday, May 28, 2010

My (3 weeks) in Charlotte

Okay, so I have been in Charlotte for an extended vacation! I definitely needed the break. It is so good to be around your family and wake up to little voices early in the morning. Eric and Jaya truly are my joy! I never thought it would be so easy just to fall in love with little people, but they come into the world and you just love them automatically. Their little personalities are so different and its so funny how each evening I play 20 questions while we sit and eat dinner. Eric and Jaya both have a million questions that range from life/living and dying, to angels in heaven, to race, to lungs, tissue and cells. Smart kids. Jaya is my challenge, she is very bright, but if she suspects she is learning or you are trying to teach her, she shuts it down. Eric on the other hand is very cooperative and will just do his work!

So after school work is done, we can usually chill! I am at the house all day enjoying the amenities. Cable TV (I MISS YOU FRIEND AND AS SOON AS I GRADUATE, and GET A JOB, I will be back). I enjoy having a quiet day until everyone gets home, then we are all fighting for positions on the floor, couch and kitchen. Big Eric, my big brother, is so happy I am here, and never misses the opportunity to tell me that Charlotte is where I should make my next move. Trina is also happy to have a friend in town, I hang out with her more than Eric, and even though she won't admit it, I think they are going to miss me when I head back to school. What a blessing to have a little time to come down and be with them.

The highlight of my trip has been our lovely soccer games! The kids are awesome, and I am putting soccer moms to shame and truly a SOCCER AUNTIE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment